I thought I would go ahead and weigh in on our collective fascination about and for Richard Crispin Armitage with four little words. Don’t fight the attRAction. It’s visceral–some might even say instinctual. And though the law of averages suggests that one man can’t reinvent himself so appealingly time after time after time after time, Richard Crispin Armitage manages to do just that with his prolific and searing character portrayals, photoshoots, and such. I can’t tell you the effect those Project Magazine photos of Mr. Armitage released in July 2011 had on me–mostly because I try to keep my blog PG-13 [(1) Project Magazine pictures]. Ha! Embedded here is the multi-RA character video [(2) Crinklette video] that encapsulates my feelings for Richard Armitage–and confess, your feelings, too:
Richard Armitage – I Think I’m In Love With You by crinklette
Whether it is leather (Sir Guy), camouflage (John Porter), or beard as accessory (Thorin Oakenshield in The Hobbit)–or nothing at all in the case of his magnificent bare chested scenes in Robin Hood, Strike Back, and Spooks–Richard Armitage oozes handsomeness from every pore, even when he is fully clothed, maybe, especially then. For an amusing way to “analyze” this for yourself, here is a fun video by HeathDances that features several RA characters–including some very nice bare chested shots. [(3) HeathDances video] You be the judge.
Richard Armitage Sexy Back 3!! By HeathDances
In the 1985 tv adaptation of The Long Hot Summer, Don Johnson joked that the makeup people kept spraying him with “combat sex sweat” for his steamy love scenes with Judith Ivey [(4) The Long Hot Summer]. I think we can see where John Porter must be using some of that “combat sex sweat” in the picture below left. Then again, a chiseled bare chest and abdominal musculature without sweat is very nice, too–a la the Guy-li-cious Sir Guy in the picture lower middle. And, of course, there is the luscious Lucas North’s tattooed muscular body lower right.
Okay, I’ll admit it. Next to admiring Mr. Armitage’s expressive face and eyes, I’m an arms, chest, and abdominals trifecta girl. Just look at the “guns” on Porter in the image above left. Sighhhhh!
And remember another thing about our admiration for Richard Armitage. Surely, he won’t mind. He must be smiling all the way to the bank when we buy his dvds, audiobooks, support his tv programs through our viewership, and now support his film career through our buying a ticket. Because Mr. Armitage having a solid, loyal, and growing fan base gives him some advantages in selecting future artistic projects now that he is becoming sought after for his talent–as well as for his market share demographic– in the larger international filmmaking artistic sphere. Can you say Thorin Oakenshield in The Hobbit anyone? Now this is one magnificent Dwarf! And, Thorin rather reminds me–at least period costume wise–of another sword wielding fellow:
So, whether it is the “instinctual need” we have to procreate with great genes–his, of course–that makes us desire him. Or if our desire stems from just a plain happy and harmless delusional fantasy on our parts, I say that we embrace our attRAction for Richard Armitage. Of course, we would all love to embrace “him”. But, that’s not possible. Sorry to burst my own bubble on that one. Ha! So cuddle up to your real life dearest one and let him derive the benefit of your inspired longings for Richard Armitage. The wise husband, spouse, lover knows a good thing when he sees it–inspired wives, that is. Besides, a corporeal sweetheart in situ keeps you warm at night–as in the next video that should send you right over the edge (Ha!) [(11) JulietD001 video]:
Strike back & Spooks (John/Lucas) My Body…Put some pressure on it by JulietD001
Although, Richard Armitage as the 2D picture or video object of our affection exudes plenty of “heat” from his smouldering gazes–as in the examples below–is it any wonder we’re besotted with him? That question is rhetorical. Ha!
Because the trick about believing that we are well adjusted in our attRAction to Richard Armitage is that we learn to live with certain realities–such as, that we are completely besotted with him and we would carry his child if he asked us to. Ha! And the following video sums up many people’s feelings regarding Mr. Armitage [(17) Romana55 video]:
Richard Armitage – I Just Wanna Make Love To You by Romana55
Sugarbabes’ song also sums up RA fans general feelings about Mr. Armitage nicely in this embedded video [(18) spikesbint]:
Too Lost Richard Armitage Fan vid by spikesbint
And you say to yourself, “This is just the way it is.” So it’s okay, and we should just accept our attRAction to Richard Crispin Armitage–really and truly. I give you leave to drool and swoon over him. And please return the favor to me. Richard Armitage is my non-guilty pleasure–ever since I was first introduced to his acting in February 2010 when I rented the 2004 BBC produced film North & South from my local library [(19) North & South Final Train Station Kissing Scene]. Because folks, a long time ago I gave up guilt and self deprivation–neither are healthy emotions–for Lent. Instead, I choose to actively do something constructive during Lent–like writing an extra donation check to a charity I support, while I pop another chocolate into my mouth. Seriously. Ha!
Instead, I believe that it’s better to spin each situation I’m faced with 180 degrees, and look at it from the positive point of view. So, what is positive about our collective admiration for Mr. Richard Crispin Armitage–whether he be clothed or bare chested? Wonderful endorphins surge within us that embue us with happiness and contentment, being sincerely moved by his searing character portrayals, and the spark of creativity that he inspires in us through our fiction writing, blogging, discussion group facilitating, vidding, graphic design, etc. The man is a veritable pied piper of creativity–and we are definitely playing his tune. And on that note, here is one final music video to enjoy about our admiration for Richard Crispin Armitage [(20) luisalane93]:
Richard Armitage – HOT by luisalane93
Cheers! Grati ;->
P.S. And if you couldn’t guess, my tongue is firmly in my cheek with regard to my essay and these fun video selections created by the wonderful video mavens cited. That is, my tongue is in my cheek until Mr. Armitage wants a kiss. Ha!
P.S. Grati’s aside to my wonderful hubby: “Just kidding, sweetheart.” *wink*
(1) Project Magazine portrait of Richard Armitage on RANet at http://www.richardarmitagenet.com/images/gallery/Richard/Promos/ProjectMagJuly2011/album/slides/ProjectMag-07.html
(2) “I Think I’m In Love With You” video by crinklette (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V30HCIg8tC8)
(3) “Richard Armitage Sexy Back 3!!” video by HeathDances (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V30HCIg8tC8)
(4) “The Long Hot Summer” tv movie info on the Internet Movie Database http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089500/)
(5) John Porter bare chest from Strike Back series 1, episode 6 from RANet (http://www.richardarmitagenet.com/images/gallery/StrikeBack/album/series1/Episode6HD/slides/ep6hd_003.html)
(6) Sir Guy bare chested from Robin Hood, series 2, episode 3 from RANet (http://www.richardarmitagenet.com/images/gallery/RobinHood/album/seasontwo/Episode3/slides/rh203_104.html)
(7) Lucas North chest Tattoos from Spooks series 7, episode 1 from RANet (http://www.richardarmitagenet.com/images/gallery/Spooks/album/ep1/slides/spooks701_052.html)
(8) Richard Armitage at The Hobbit Press Conference, Feburary 11, 2011 from RANet
(9) Richard Armitage portrait as Thorin Oakenshield on RANet
(10) Richard as Sir Guy of Gisborne in Robin Hood series 3, episode 11
(11) “Strike back & Spooks (John/Lucas) My Body…Put some pressure on it” video by JulietD001 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44rs1nx7OFo)
(12) Richard Armitage smoulder picture in 2009 Promos Gallery on RANet (http://www.richardarmitagenet.com/images/gallery/Richard/Promos/2009%20Promo/slides/TVSatcoverbyHeathra.html)
(13) Daily Mail picture of Richard Armitage in 2009 Promos Gallery on RANet http://www.richardarmitagenet.com/images/gallery/Richard/Promos/2009%20Promo/slides/DailyMailpic_10Oct09.html
(14) New Richard Armitage Head Shot in 2009 Promos Gallery on RANet
(15) Richard Armitage from Sunday Times article in 2010 Promos Gallery on RANet
(16) Richard Armitage from Mail article in 2010 Promos Gallery on RANet
(17) “Richard Armitage – I Just Wanna Make Love To You” video by Romana55
(18) “Too Lost Richard Armitage Fan vid” video by spikesbint
(19) North & South, Train Station Kissing Scene between John Thornton and Margaret Hale, North & South, episode 4, picture 340 on RANet at (http://www.richardarmitagenet.com/images/gallery/nands/album/episode4/slides/ns4-340.html)
(20) “Richard Armitage – HOT” video by luisalane93 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFM5Y7CTcBE)