My good friend Bccmee–of bccmee’s Richard Armitage Vids & Graphics blog (http://fanvideos.wordpress.com)–is doing a “The 12 Days of Guyness” blog activity for Dec. 1 – 12th this year. Each day, Bccmee will post a newly created and unique Sir Guy of Gisborne animated gif, signature, wallpaper, or other graphics from suggestions she previously received.
When we were in Armitage World Chat one night talking about Bccmee’s “The 12 Days of Guyness” project, we came up with the idea of me parodying the “12 Days of Christmas Song” a la Sir Guy of Gisborne [(0) right]. Richard Armitage as the smouldering Sir Guy is so gorgeous–bad boy smirk and all–in addition to RA’s brilliant acting and story telling talent.
So below is my song parody video slideshow—“The Twelve Days of Guyness”–in honor of Bccmee’s blog event and dedicated to Richard Crispin Armitage. The song parody lyrics appear with the pictures in the video. This is only my fifth video slideshow. It was created using Windows Movie Maker. The graphics were created in MS Office clip art, MSPowerpoint and Adobe Photoshop.
Please note that the pictures and lyrics I’ve chosen for my song video parody in no way correspond to what Bccmee is doing each day on her blog—since Bccmee’s media reveals will be a delightful surprise each day.
I urge you to visit Bccmee’s blog (http: //fanvideos.wordpress.com/) each day and enjoy the Sir Guy media that she creates. You will also find a link to her site on the right in my Blogroll.
Happy Holidays! Cheers! Grati ;->
P.S. My grateful thanks to the wonderful image resources at RANet: www.RichardArmitageNet.com. Detailed image and media resource links appear below in the references.
P.S. (added) Here are the final list of my song parody lyrics, Sir Guy Style:
On the Twelfth Day of Guyness,
My true love Marian gave to me (and my fans):
Twelve Costumers Out of Work,
Eleven Vipers Viping (at Forest Boy),
Ten Lords a Leaping to Bow Before Me,
Nine Ladies Dancing (to tire me out, never!),
Eight Maid Marian kisses milking me for info,
Seven Stuntmen Swimming for Me,
Six Vasy Dream Slayings,
Five Golden Rings of Power (Sorry, wrong story.)
Four Colleen Birds (Excellent!)
Three French Estate Lands,
Two Leather Gloves,
And Marian and I up a Very Large Tree.
0. Video Title page: Sir Guy of Gisborne (as portrayed by Richard Armitage) in the BBC’s production of Robin Hood Series 1, episode 6 (pix 5 http://www.richardarmitagenet.com/images/gallery/RobinHood/album/seasonone/episode6/slides/rh106_005.html
1. Lady Marian (as portrayed by Lucy Griffiths) being helped out of a tree by Sir Guy (as portrayed by Richard Armitage) in Robin Hood, Series 2, episode 9 (pix 115)
2. Sir Guy (as portrayed by Richard Armitage) pulling off his leather gloves in Robin Hood, Series 1, episode 7 (pix 22)
3. Sir Guy (as portrayed by Richard Armitage) surveying his promised landing holdings in Robin Hood Series 3, episode 5 (pix 74)
4. Pictures of four women painted by various artists from http://www.judgmentofparis.com/board/printthread.php?t=1902
5. Image of the LOTR golden rings of power from http://www.myshopper360.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/ringofpower.jpg
6. Image of Sir Guy (as portrayed by Richard Armitage) killing Sheriff Vasy (as portrayed by Keith Allen in Robin Hood Series 3, episode 6 (pix 170) http://www.richardarmitagenet.com/images/gallery/RobinHood/album/seasonthree/Episodesix/slides/ep6_0170.html
7. Image of Sir Guy (as portrayed by Richard Armitage) in Robin Hood Series 2, episode3 (pix 203)
8. Lady Marian (as portrayed by Lucy Griffiths) kissing Sir Guy (as portrayed by Richard Armitage) to misdirect him in Robin Hood Series 2, episode 8 (pix 144) http://www.richardarmitagenet.com/images/gallery/RobinHood/album/seasontwo/Episode8/slides/rh208_144.html
9. Sir Guy (As portrayed by Richard Armitage) and Lady Marian (as portrayed by Lucy Griffiths) embrace as if to dance in the BBC’s Robin Hood Series 1 Promo (pix 39) http://www.richardarmitagenet.com/images/gallery/RobinHood/album/RHpromo/album/slides/series1-39.html and
Nine ladies dancing ornament found at
10. Ten lords a leaping to bow before Sir Guy found at
Sir Guy (as portrayed by Richard Armitage) in swirling leaves in Robin Hood Series 2 Promo (pix 2)
11. Illustration of a biting snake/viper http://www.animalsw.com/wallpaper/European-Grass-Snake-Face/
Sir Guy (as portrayed by Richard Armitage) throwing Robin (as portrayed by Jonas Armstrong) over the cliff in the BBC’s Robin Hood, Series 3, episode 1, (pix 54)
12. Sir Guy (as portrayed by Richard Armitage) interrupted while getting fitted for his armor in Robin Hood Series2, episode 3 (pix 104)
13. Sir Guy of Gisborne (as portrayed by Richard Armitage) smirking “Happy Holidays to All” in Robin Hood Series 3, episode 5 (pix 84)
14. “The Twelve Days of Christmas” song performed by The Philadelphia Brass Ensemble (1970) and purchased via iTunes; song lyrics and historical info at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Twelve_Days_of_Christmas_(song)
15. Sir Guy’s (as portrayed by Richard Armitage) back of black leather jacket as the background from the BBC’s Robin Hood found at http://www.richardarmitagenet.com/images/gallery/RobinHood/album/RHpromo/album/slides/series1-47.html
16. Microsoft Office Clip Art (various holiday graphics throughout) http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/images/results.aspx?qu=christmas&ex=1