Melissa the Mouse: It’s Mice to Meet You
You see, I have always been
A decidedly indoor mouse girl.
Consistent temps are my heaven.
Clean and dry nests are my world.
I’ve made many a cozy nest
In obliging homes and studios around the Earth.
And though some might think that I jest.
It’s merely my usual state of mirth.
From London to Wellington, and now to Illinois.
Around the globe I used to roam.
But there is no need for me to be coy.
Because now I’ve found a restful home.
I eat what is leftover for trash
And not what is on my human’s plate.
In London, I liked bangers and mash,
But Midwest meatloaf is also first rate.
The dogs steal papers not intended to be shred,
To the consternation of Grati and Bill.
You would think the dogs would appreciate being fed.
But our humans love them still.
P.S. Tomorrow: Melissa’s Twenty Preferences
(1) Image representing the virtual Melissa the Mouse–a character that Grati created and will expand upon in follow-up posts–was found at http://images.macworld.com/appguide/images/312/621/772/ss2.jpg
(2) Image example of a ranch style home found at http://www.thehouseplanshop.com/images/house-plan-images/Ranch-House-Plan.jpg
(3) Image representing Melissa’s “perfection of cheeses” found at http://www.igourmet.com/images/topics/stack.jpg
(4) Image representing the virtual Melissa’s shredded paper nest in a turquoise blue ceramic bowl, was found at http://m.favecrafts.com/master_images/Gifts/bluepot7-alyiceedrich.jpg
(5) Images of Max and Sophie taken by Bill.
(6) Image of smelly cheese wedge found at http://images.sodahead.com/polls/001240097/cheese_oh_cheese_answer_1_xlarge.jpeg