I met a giant (1) once, quite by accident.
He was tall, dark, and handsome—the other humans said.
As a mouse, I couldn’t tell if he was ordinary looking or magnificent.
Since on the ground, I was too far from his head. (2 image right, puzzle)
Though human fur seems to change at whim,
Unlike my own fur that stays a soft gray.
The giant changed his fur, with his face looking a tad grim (4 image right, puzzle),
Whenever the camera was pointed his way.
P.S. Next week, Melissa the Mouse plans to tell of her visit to a holiday decorated place and meeting someone special.
P.S. And just for fun because this is “Thorin Thursday” during the holiday season, here is a classic song–“Santa Baby” sung by the legendary Eartha Kitt in 1954. And here is a fun graphic with Richard Armitage as “Thorin” as we thought we would never see him–Santa Thorin, Ha! (8 left and below) And it contains a lovely portrait of Miss Kitt.
References and Other Minutiae
(1) All June 2011 Recognise Magazine photo shoot images of Richard Armitage are courtesy of RANet at www.RichardArmitageNet.com; more specifically at http://www.richardarmitagenet.com/images/gallery/Richard/Promos/Recognisemag/index.html
(2) Jigsaw puzzle for the image of the ‘giant’, Richard Armitage; the non photo manip image is revealed with the puzzle is completed: http://www.jigsawplanet.com/?rc=play&pid=07112c643c28; direct image link is http://www.richardarmitagenet.com/images/gallery/Richard/Promos/Recognisemag/slides/Recognise-3.html
(3) Image representing the virtual Melissa the Mouse–a character that Grati created and will expand upon in follow-up posts–was found at http://images.macworld.com/appguide/images/312/621/772/ss2.jpg
(4) Jigsaw puzzle for the other image of the giant, Richard Armitage, “looking a tad grim”; the non photo manip image is revealed with the puzzle is completed: http://www.jigsawplanet.com/?rc=play&pid=18cdb5880a39; direct image link is http://www.richardarmitagenet.com/images/gallery/Richard/Promos/Recognisemag/slides/Recognise-4.html
(5) Image of Richard Armitage (center) and others looking at a mouse at the Recognise Magazine photoshoot in June 2011 http://www.richardarmitagenet.com/images/gallery/Richard/Promos/Recognisemag/slides/Recognise-2.html
(6) Brie info and image found at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brie
(7) Image representing the virtual Melissa the Mouse again was found at http://images.macworld.com/appguide/images/312/621/772/ss2.jpg
(8) Richard Armitage as Thorin Oakenshield as Santa graphics capped by Bccmee from the Rise Up Christ Church Telethon Appeal video (May 2011) and found on RANet, http://www.richardarmitagenet.com/images/filmography/TelethonMay2011/RA-telethon-05.jpg , http://www.richardarmitagenet.com/images/filmography/TelethonMay2011/RA-telethon-03.jpg, http://www.richardarmitagenet.com/images/filmography/TelethonMay2011/RA-telethon-01.jpg;
Eartha Kitt portrait at http://www.last.fm/music/Eartha+Kitt/+images/97721;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHI5lqk3NMU&feature=related Santa Baby sung by Eartha Kitt
(9) Nota Bene: Melissa the Mouse is a fictional, virtual character created by her human Gratiana Lovelace. Melissa the Mouse plans to virtually visit and fictionally write about her experiences in mice life. So, please suspend your disbelief and join her for the ride. All references to real living persons that she may or may not have met–such as the brilliant British actor Richard Armitage–and actual places are pure whimsy and meant in good fun.