My name is [(1) right] Melissa the Mouse,
I just visited a beautifully holiday [(2) below] decorated grand place.
It is our nation’s first home, The White House.
And within its hallowed walls, our nation’s history we can trace.
And for our troops coming home soon, here is Josh Groban singing “I’ll be Home for Christmas” [(4) below]
[also found at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Dto6KRJ5Uk&feature=related]
The Obamas, our President Barack and [(5) right] First Lady Michelle
Grace our nation with their service and goodwill.
The Holiday White House history they do tell,
Of past first families who have lived on the hill.
To be sure, my visit was virtually done,
The internet traveling there for me quite swiftly.
You see, of frequent flier miles, I have none.
And my cozy mousie nest is so nifty.
So for others who want to visit our nation’s [(6) above] first home,
Especially as the holiday decorated White House,
Here are some links for you to roam,
Courtesy of Moi, Melissa the Mouse.
The main Holiday White House page http://www.whitehouse.gov/holidays
2011 White House Holiday Tour Book (below)
Michelle Obama speaks about the importance of recognizing and supporting our military and their families before the grand opening tour of the 2011 Holiday White House:
“The First Lady Previews the 2011 White House Holiday Decorations”
[also found at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itGEHZHlvNM&feature=relmfu ]
“The Littlest Bo” is a video about the First Dog sculpture decorations around the 2011 Holiday White House:
Here is a general interest web page that has a link to a virtual tour of the White House
References (not otherwise listed above)
(1) Image representing the virtual Melissa the Mouse–a character that Grati created and will expand upon in future posts–was found at http://images.macworld.com/appguide/images/312/621/772/ss2.jpg ; the santa hat on Melissa the Mouse was courtesy of MSOffice Clip Art and found at http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/images/
(2) “President Barack Obama shows military officials the White House Christmas Tree in the Blue Room following a meeting, Dec. 1, 2011. The 18-foot-6 inch balsam fir is decorated with holiday cards created by military children and ornaments featuring medals, badges, and patches from all of the military branches. (Official White House Photo by Pete Souza)”
Melissa the Mouse is composited into the photo. The original White House tree image was found at http://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/default/files/imagecache/gallery_img_full/image/image_file/p120111ps-0582.jpg
(3) Logo for “Shine, Share, Give”, the 2011White House Holiday Theme found at
(4) Josh Groban singing “I’ll be Home for Christmas” http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Dto6KRJ5Uk&feature=related
(5) Melissa the Mouse is composited into the official White House portrait of First Lady, Michelle Obama. The original portrait image was found at
(6) Melissa the Mouse composited into a picture of the White House exterior. The original White House image was found at http://www.whitehouse.gov/about/history/
(7) Nota Bene: Melissa the Mouse is a fictional, virtual character created by her human Gratiana Lovelace. Melissa the Mouse plans to virtually visit and fictionally write about her experiences in mice life. So, please suspend your disbelief and join her for the ride. All references to real living persons that she may or may not have met and actual places are pure whimsy and meant in good fun.