You see, we mice are a happy lot,
As we scurry to and fro all day long.
So it is natural that we would shake what we’ve got,
As we dance the night away in song.
My delicate pink paws do so love to move,
And sway to peppy or lush rhythms and beats.
And if you think I jest, I might have to prove,
That my mouse dancing would rival others’ dancing feets. [(2) right]
Latin rhythms especially make me sway.
And make my mice girl ears perk up to hear,
A good marimba beat makes me full of play,
As I dance the night away in good cheer. [(3) below]
The song “Sway” sung by Michael Buble, video by MrHafiz007
And though waltzing brings me close to the one I love,
It is really a tango that makes the cheese in my veins melt,
The passionate dance of romance as sure as Sir Guy wears his leather glove,
Or pined for a love from Marian, that she never felt. [(4) below]
If only Lady Marian and Sir Guy,
Could have danced like JLo and Richard Gere. [(5) below]
Their tango would have been, not shy
As their passions erupted in kissing the one they hold dear. [(6) right]
But, lest you think that the Celts and Fenians have no romance
Or cannot inspire dancing in my mice girl self. [(7) right]
Just remember The Lord of the Dance,
Michael Flatley, that his, himself. [(8) below]
Lord Of the Dance – Cry of the Celts [Michael Flatley] video by elvenLutien
Very Micely Yours, Melissa the Mouse
P.S. And for fans of the Richard Armitage Spooks show,
Here is a link to the Me + Richard Armitage’s blog essay, [(9) below]
About Lucas North and the tango.
Oh, and please Lucas, don’t “look away”.
Tango Lucas at the Bedouin Bar: or, twenty-two seconds of Richard Armitage from Spooks 7.7 that I could watch again and again by Me + Richard Armitage, July 11, 2011
This musical blog moussay was a co-production with Patty the Pom and Melissa the Mouse via their entertainment company, PomMice Productions. [(10)]
(1) Image representing the virtual Melissa the Mouse–a character that Grati created and will expand upon in future posts–was found at http://images.macworld.com/appguide/images/312/621/772/ss2.jpg
(2) Image representing the virtual Melissa the Mouse–a character that Grati created and will expand upon in future posts–was found at http://images.macworld.com/appguide/images/312/621/772/ss2.jpg ; lavender dress was composited onto the mouse image and was found at http://www.meetgypsy.com/Oscars_04_G400.jpg
(3) Michael Buble – Sway, video by MrHafiz007 and found at
(4) Guy/Merion – El tango de Roxanne (sung by Le Moulin Rouge film cast), video by ChristianaRU; with scenes from the BBC’s production of Robin Hood starring Jonas Armstrong (portraying Robin Hood), Lucy Griffiths (portraying Lady Marian), and Richard Armitage (portraying Sir Guy of Gisborne) and found at
(5) shall we dance tango (Roxanne reprise sung by Le Moulin Rouge film cast), video by akrawee); the tango in the video is performed by Jennifer Lopez and Richard Gere;
(6) Image is of Sir Guy of Gisborne (portrayed by Richard Armitage) kissing Lady Marian (portrayed by Lucy Griffiths) in the BBC production of Robin Hood was found at http://www.richardarmitagenet.com/images/gallery/RobinHood/album/seasontwo/Episode8/slides/rh208_142.html
(7) Portrait of British actor Richard Armitage lifting an unknown woman in the air from the 2003 JRM MCphotoshoot http://www.richardarmitagenet.com/images/gallery/Richard/Promos/RA_JRM_MCphotoshoot/slides/photoshoot08.html
(8) Lord Of the Dance – Cry of the Celts [Michael Flatley] video by elvenLutien was found at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQmBHHvmrD4&feature=related
(9) “Tango Lucas at the Bedouin Bar: or, twenty-two seconds of Richard Armitage from Spooks 7.7 that I could watch again and again”, by Me + Richard Armitage, July 11, 2011, essay was found at http://meandrichard.wordpress.com/2011/07/11/tango-lucas-at-the-bedouin-bar-or-twenty-two-seconds-of-richard-armitage-from-spooks-7-7-that-i-could-watch-again-and-again/
(10) PomMice Productions is a fictional virtual theatrical entertainment company–and was created just for whimsy between Patty’s human Judiang and Melissa’s human Gratiana. This fictional public company was most recently trading stock in liver snaps and cheese slices on the New York Stock Exchange. Though Patty the Pom is a silent partner, she does give the lead performer–Melissa the Mouse–encouragement and sustenance, by paying her salary in cold hard cheese. The Red Pomeranian image representing Patty the Pom (a real dog) was found at http://www.tadoz.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/red-cute-Pomeranian.jpg and composited with the image representing Melissa the Mouse (a fictional virtual character) that was found at http://images.macworld.com/appguide/images/312/621/772/ss2.jpg
(11) Nota Bene: Melissa the Mouse is a fictional, virtual character created by her human Gratiana Lovelace. Melissa the Mouse plans to virtually visit and fictionally write about her experiences in mice life. So, please suspend your disbelief and join her for the ride. All references to real persons living, dead, or undead (since vampires are so popular these days, Eek!) whom she may or may not have met–and actual places she may or may not have visited–are pure whimsy and meant in good fun.
Links to Other “Melissa the Mouse” Moussays on this Blog
(1) “Melissa the Mouse and the Holiday White House”, 12/14/11 Gratiana Lovelace (Post #77) https://gratianads90.wordpress.com/2011/12/14/melissa-the-mouse-and-the-holiday-white-house-121411-gratiana-lovelace-post-77/
(2) “Melissa the Mouse: My Giant”, 12/08/11Rev Gratiana Lovelace (Post #73) https://gratianads90.wordpress.com/2011/12/08/melissa-the-mouse-my-giant-120811-gratiana-lovelace-post-73/
(3) “Melissa the Mouse: Twenty Preferences”, 12/07/11 Gratiana Lovelace (Post #72) https://gratianads90.wordpress.com/2011/12/07/melissa-the-mouse-twenty-preferences-120711-gratiana-lovelace-post-72/
(4) “Melissa the Mouse: It’s Mice to Meet You”, 12/06/11 Gratiana Lovelace (Post #71) https://gratianads90.wordpress.com/2011/12/06/melissa-the-mouse-its-mice-to-meet-you-120611-gratiana-lovelace-post-71/