The oh so talented British Actor Richard Armitage–soon to be on screens as Thorin Oakenshield in The Hobbit, in only 299 days–is known for his fierce on screen action adventure hero demeanor and his more reserved, congenial, and gentlemanly off screen demeanor (0-right) What is it about the “real” Mr. Armitage whom we think we glimpse during his “unguarded” moments that we find so endearing and alluring? I share some pictures of Richard Armitage and let you decide. All pictures are courtesy of RANet as noted below (www.RichardArmitageNet.com).
Outside Mr. Armitage’s Radio One interview on May 4, 2010 (two poses):
2) A cordial thumb up acknowledgement of a fan shout out, no doubt. (right)
Another Radio One Interview, this time September 17, 2010:
- 3) Ladies, his briefcase/satchel is bigger than our purses–so no kidding from him to us on that score. Though what is so heavy and bulky, we would like to know. Ha! Scripts? (left)
4) And who can resist a man in a hat? Not I. Sighhh! (right)
Moving even a little more forward in time to November 2010 and the Old Vic 24 Hours Plays Gala (two poses):
6) A music lover, he plays the cello and he appreciates other musician’s artistry. (right)
And then there is Richard Armitage being interviewed for his film role in Captain America and Attending the NYC Premiere in July 2011:
8) Chatting amiably with an interviewer at the NYC Premiere–Mr. Armitage has his hand casually in the pocket of his gRAy suit coat; and with his shorn hair and full beard for his role as Thorin, he looks positively swoonworthy. (right)
P.S. I spent four hours reading research articles Friday night in preparation for my Saturday morning doctoral dissertation research proposal writing class before this post theme came to me. So, think of my viewing and sharing Richard Armitage candid portraits as “eye” theRApy for a weary student. Ha!
References (back to the usual format, ha)