We are in Day Two of the FanstRAvaganza 3 in THE FANDOM tagteam chain! If you missed Day One, please check out the posts at FEMINEMA (www.feminema.wordpress.com) and PHYLLY’S FAVES (www.phyllysfaves.blogspot.com).
For those of you who have visited my blog “Something About Love (A)” (www.gratianads90.wordpress.com ) before, you know that in addition to my storytelling and essays, I enjoy a bit of frivolity and fun now and again–on what I have dubbed “Fun Day Sunday”–with some interactive posts involving RA related games, trivia contests, Mad Libs, and CRAzy Captioning, etc. So, my first two posts for F3 this week are CRAzy Captioning posts.
For the uninitiated, CRAzy Captioning involves me selecting pictures of the exquisitely talented British Actor Richard Armitage in his roles, photo shoots, or interviews and then providing an alternative context humorous caption for them. I also invite you to suggest captions as well. This is all in good fun and with the utmost respect for Mr. Armitage as an artist and person–because he is also a very nice fellow and a gentleman.
So today I will provide you with a collage of pictures of Richard Armitage related to the theme “I’m Too Sexy for My T-Shirt”. I will suggest some captions. And then I invite you to suggest captions as well.
All images in the collage below are courtesy of RANet (www.RichardArmitageNet.com ). The center picture (of RA stretching his arms back) also appeared at The League of British Artists blog (http://britsunited.blogspot.com/2011/08/richard-armitage_12.html).
Note: If you click on the collage image, it will open a new window so that you may save it to your computer to view it larger. Should you wish to share this post with others, please provide them with the URL to this page so that they also have the image credits and my caption suggestions. Thanks!
For those of you who have requested my CRAzy Captions suggestions in an easy to download format, here you go (the larger font versions of the captions still appear below):
* Lee Preston (Cold Feet): “Ladies I know that you were hoping for a swim wear shot, but this post is about my biceps and triceps, not my … thighs?”
* Richard Armitage as himself (CBeebies): “I just love story telling! But I hear that I have quite a following among the mothers as well. Ha! Ha! Ha! Brilliant!”
*Lucas North (Spooks 9): “I think that these tattoos draw attention to my muscles, rather than hiding them.” (Gesture pattern alert!)
* Sir Guy of Gisborne (Robin Hood): “This must have been one of those days the costumers didn’t get my leather gear back from the dry cleaners.”
* Richard Armitage as himself (2008 Promo Shoot): “To me, I’m just a regular bloke–with a few muscles and a big nose. I don’t understand why all the adulation. But mate, could I get a copy of this shot for my Mum? She’s always complaining that I don’t smile enough in my portraits. Thanks!”
* Ian Macalwain (Ultimate Force): “When I said I wanted to be covered by a big towel in my contract, I should have asked for a bigger towel.”
* Dr. Alex Track (The Golden Hour): “Admit it, you have bicep envy.”
* John Porter (Strike Back series 1): “I thought they just called for lunch. Seriously. Isn’t anyone going to get me down from here? At least lather on some more sunscreen for me, will you?”
* John Porter (Strike Back series 1): “It is just a regular day on the set for me–pale skin, shirt off, pants off, pressured hosed next. Wait a minute!!! Oh, bloody ‘ell! Too late to back out now.”
* Lucas North (Spooks 9): “Here we go again. Another ‘gratuitous torso shot’. Well take a good look ladies–because now that they made me evil John Bateman, I am putting my clothes back on.”
Middle right top:
* Richard Armitage as himself (photo shoot): “Am I smouldering enough for you, ladies?”
Middle right bottom:
* John Porter (Strike Back series 1): “So, do my sweat glistening biceps make up for these awful hair extensions? I didn’t think so.”
Right middle top:
* John Porter (Strike Back series 1): “Ladies, I know that my biceps and triceps became ‘impressive’ in this role, but I’ve had enough with people asking me if they are real. I am all real, love. I will put down the machine gun and you can ‘come on over and find out. That’s my chat up line. Ha ha ha ha ha!’” (Ending Richard Armitage quote excerpt is from his Lorraine Show interview on September 17, 2010.)
Right middle bottom:
* Richard Armitage behind the scenes as John Porter (Strike Back series 1): “Hhhhh! At least I get to keep my t-shirt on in the next scene. Though why they can’t find sleeves long enough to cover my biceps is beyond me.”
I hope that you found my suggested captions amusing. So now it is your turn to suggest captions for one or more of the Richard Armitage pictures above. Be sure to indicate which character and pose that you’re referring to. Thanks for playing!
Cheers! Grati ;->
P.S. And as I have said before, Richard Armitage is male beauty personified–both inside and out. Mr. Armitage is unfailingly polite and gentlemanly, a consummate professional as an artist and filmmaker, and he compassionately supports charitable causes. Please see the Just Giving Link here (http://www.justgiving.com/Richard-Armitage ) or in the sidebar at right under “Actor/Richard Armitage: Official/Semi Official Sites” should you feel moved to make a donation to one of Mr. Armitage’s chosen charities. And as to Mr. Armitage’s handsomeness? Sighhhh! Well, Michaelangelo’s David sculpture has nothing on Mr. Armitage. Ha! Richard Armitage is a nice guy. And much to his disavowal, he does have a “nice guy face”–especially when he smiles.
However, it is Richard Armitage’s exquisitely talented storytelling and filmmaking that I most admire. Seeing the juxtaposition of Richard Armitage in real life compared to his many and varied dramatic character portrayals in his reel life, just makes his storytelling artistry that much more brilliant. Mr. Armitage is a gifted chameleon of an actor who authentically portrays his characters with such depth and attention to multi-faceted nuances that we, his audience, become immersed in his story telling.
Also in Day Two, please see my F3 partner’s post at WHITE ROSE: SINCERE AND SIMPLE THOUGHTS (www.whiterosewritings.blogspot.com ). And now here is the direct link to Fabo’s wonderful article and video titled “Richard Armitage Talks About his Fans”
Tomorrow March 14th, THE FANDOM tagteam continues at AN OBSESSED FANATIC (www.diaryofanobsessedfanatic.blogspot.com )
and THE ARMITAGE EFFECT (www.thearmitageeffect.wordpress.com ).
All F3 links can be found at http://fanstravaganza.rgcwp.com/fanstravaganza/fanstravaganza-2012/