I know, Thursday’s aren’t my usual post days–I’m on a M W F Sunday posting schedule. But with The Hobbit media attention starting to rachet up, there is more Hobbit and Richard Armitage portraying Thorin Oakenshield news to be had. [Thorin image (cropped) at right is courtesy of RANet at http://www.richardarmitagenet.com/images/gallery/Hobbit/4thProdVideo/album/slides/Video4-30.html ]
Actually, I think that Middle Earth must have cracked open because there are several “The Hobbit” films related news items this week from various sources that I have gathered together below for myself and my readers. Thanks to others for their sleuthing and/or sharing as I credit them embedded within the items below.
1) Hobbit Video Blog #7 shared by Sir Peter Jackson on Facebook 6/06/12 (also linked on RANet whose screencaps appear below):
2) Here is a slide show that I put together of selected screen caps from The Hobbit Video Blog #7 screencaps as shared by RANet at http://www.richardarmitagenet.com/images/gallery/Hobbit/7thProdVideo/album/index.html (P.S. Technical glitch–the slideshow feature seems to use all of the images I have shared in this post–including the three images that aren’t in the Vid #7 blog. But, enjoy them again anyway.)
3) And if you’re feeling nostalgic for the other 6 video blogs (or vlogs), here is a link that I found with all six production videos put together in over an hour’s worth of material by MovieclipsComingSoon on 3/12/12 [ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfX1PYv1FEY ]:
4) Might Richard Armitage (Portraying Thorin Oakenshield in The Hobbit) attend Comic-Con International in July 2012?
On Monday, June 4th, 2012, RANet (www.RichardArmitageNet.com) shared links for a Total Film article that had a quote from Richard Armitage with a hint that he might attend Comic-Con International at the San Diego Convention Center in California in July 12-15, 2012.
Revised–Here is the two page magazine spread image shared on RANet (below, from http://www.richardarmitagenet.com/images/articlescans/TotalFilm-Summer2012.jpg).
Could we get any more excited than to have the man bringing Thorin Oakenshield to life stepping foot on U.S. soil so soon? I think not. Though RANet reported that Comic-Con International (logo above at right) is sold out, here is that link for more information http://www.comic-con.org/cci/
5) And the world premiere of The Hobbit taking place in Wellington, New Zealand on November 28, 2012 is sure to be a great party (as shared by www.stuff.co.nz at http://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/film/7048552/Party-in-wings-for-Hobbit-premiere). Thanks to Cristina A. who shared this news with me.