“I’m so excited, I just can’t hide it.” The title of the Pointer Sisters’ catchy song fits my upbeat mood. Although the rest of the sexually suggestive lyrics don’t really fit–“Look what you do to me. I’m burning up.” Well maybe they do. Ha! Let’s listen to it while we read my essay here, shall we?
I don’t know why, but I am feeling quite glib, giddy, silly, bubbly, and randy today. He doesn’t mind. Ha!
Part I: Unless you live under a rock, you know that there are some big news items in Richard Armitage and Hobbit Fandoms this week:
1) They found King Richard III’s remains … the other day.
2) My copy of the Hobbit Annual 2013 is making its way to me via UPS. As are several other Hobbit related items I purchased on my now smoking credit card limit.
3) USA Today and the Hollywood Reporter had articles about The Hobbit and featured several lead characters–including Richard Armitage–and mentioned that a 3rd new Hobbit movie trailer is set to be released on Sept. 19th.
4) Middle Earth News reported on 9/15/12 about the newer Dwarf and Hobbit portraits from Peter Jackson’s Facebook page–some of them we have seen in earlier leaks. But it is nice to see them collected together.
5) TORN also reported on 9/16/12 that this is Tolkien Week–read their essay to find out why–and linked to Sir Peter Jackson’s Facebook page where he alludes to the new movie trailer. Sir Ian McKellen is also tweeting teasers about what fans will see this week. Especially nice, Sir Ian tweeted a link to his page’s Hobbit Photo Gallery. And on Tuesday, Cliff and Justion mentioned during their live TORN show that the Hobbit trailer would be released at 7am Pacific time Wedesday morning in the U.S. TORN posted a link for watching the Hobbit Trailer preview.
I will make a link to the new Hobbit trailer here when I can access it: Here is the MSN link:
iTunes has a sharpimage of the trailer in their link (and you can download it to your iTunes account):
Thanks to Kathleen for the YT link:
Here is the official Warner Brothers Hobbit Trailer #2 in You Tube:
6) The One Ring Net (TORN) shared some new amazing Hobbit film photos at http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151087276874821.450889.6425769820&type=1
7) Thanks to RAC (Richard Armitage Central) for providing the link where TORN also shared some more official Hobbit photos on TORN’s Facebook Album page today. These photos can also now be seen in RANet’s Hobbit Stills Gallery. This new image of Thorin is stunning (see below)! And Heirs of Durin has a collage of all of the new Hobbit photos.
As I have written before, everything I have seen, viewed, and read about Richard Armitage and The Hobbit films fixes in my mind that Richard Armitage’s portrayal of Thorin Oakenshield will forever define Thorin and his quest for us. RA’s Thorin is a lion in Summer, not in Winter. RA as Thorin is magnificent, majestic, magical, and mysterious. Shock and awe, people, shock and awe:
8) And according to others, an alternate version of Hobbit Vlog #8 shared by Allocine showed some behind the scenes shots with some smiling Dwarf actors, and very muscular legs on you know who. But there is a gag order on showing these behind the scenes photos, teaser vids, or gifs of scenes. Dang! All I can say is, someone is a kill joy. WB Hobbit Marketing people, fans can recognize when actors are in character and when they are not in photos and videos. Seeing behind the scenes or actual scenes moments doesn’t preclude our anticipating enjoying the fantasy nature of The Hobbit films coming up. It enhances it. And getting an early teaser about Hobbit films scenes? It just makes us want to see the films more. But, carry on with your marketing plan. Ha!
So, to satisfy ourselves with something animated from The Hobbit–though it is a gif shared earlier–here is the priceless Thorin fish tossing behind the scenes gif from Jas’ blog Me, My Thoughts and Richard Armitage:
9) Besides, RANet has the new behind the scenes photos in the Hobbit Still Gallery. In general www.RichardArmitageNet.com is my go to source for all news and resources about Richard Armitage. And there are lots of really good news with links to resources on the 9/18/12 news page. Snap!
10) Or, RA/Gary [right] has left the building/country? The U.S., that is–since his filming on “Black Sky” is finished. Or at least, producer Todd Garner tweeted last weekend that he was home.
Part II: Which of the above items is newsworthy to Grati in particular? Ding, ding, ding, ding, ding! If you answered all of the above!
The first through ninth items are self explanatory about my interest in this news containing a compendium of Hobbit and RA related news. The last item regarding RA’s “Black Sky” character–#10? Not so much–It’s not Hobbit related. But it is definitely RA related–his new film role as Gary the teacher and father in “Black Sky”. You see, I live in the Midwest of the U.S. And for two months, I was only 1.5 states away from a certain oh so talented TDofWBBHM exquisitely talented British actor whom we so admire. You know who I mean. Okay, I won’t be coy–the exquisitely talented British actor Richard Armitage. Being in the same time zone with him just seemed so … intimate. *whispered in a perfume ad like voice over voice* Sighhhh!
But, I did not do the pilgrimage to Michigan to see RA. And I have to tell you, that sticking to my guns–or my babs in my case–was hard. Really hard. *whimpers* And it is not because I didn’t want to go there. God knows! It’s just that the mere thought of him being so close, reduced me to a puddle of womanly essence at his feet just thinking about him. Ooooooh! Now we need RA’s lovely 2003 Cold Feet promo leg and feet shot [right]. Ahhhhh! Thank you for that closeup, Jonia!
So, I’m not sure that had I trekked to Detroit, Michigan to see him, that I would have been able to say anything intelligible to RA like the other fan gals he met. I nod my respect to them. I’m a better writer than an impromptu conversationalist–especially with a blindingly handsome, extremely courteous, and gentlemanlike fellow that the media labels as a virile sex god. I know that is a media label to drum up ad sales. But the man has that indefinable something. Sighhhhh!
So, there you have it. My confession as to why my dignity is still intact–I stayed put at home. Well, marginally intact, since I wrote–and shared–this essay. *winces*
Oh and, there is one other thing. My lovely sexy hubby who dotes on me and such so deliciously–*wink*– is quite amused by my RA admiRAtion. But my hubby takes it all in stride–kindly bringing me my copy that arrived Tuesday of “Chris Ryan’s Strike Back”Series 1 (episodes 1-6) that Richard Armitage starred in as John Porter in 2010. And like the wonderful man he is, my hubby isn’t jealous of RA–well, my hubby said, as long as that British actor guy stays across the ocean, it’s cool. Oops!