After being offline while my laptop was in for virus cleaning and updates, it seems that I missed a wealth of news in the last two days or so about Richard Armitage as Thorin Oakenshield in “The Hobbit”. Crikey! So, below are a few images that came out during that time–with links to the sites with even more info and more images. Think of it as me “bookmarking” these sites for myself and my readers. Snap!
1) As always, RANet (www.RichardArmitageNet.com) is my go to site for Richard Armitage career news. Thanks to “TA” for pointing me to this particular link: http://richardarmitagenet.com/images/gallery/Hobbit/HobbitStills/album/slides/47-the-hobbit-AUJ-banner-dwarves.html
This banner–with a bad a__ looking Thorin (portrayed by Richard Armitage) appeared on RANet’s Oct. 5th news day item found at: http://www.richardarmitagenet.com/news.html#oct05
2) A series of items that RANet also touted on Oct. 5th were the recently issued New
Zealand postage stamps. RANet provided the link to the Comic Book Movie site which initially shared that news with a full size link of one of the Thorin Stamp images:
And it looks like TORN (www.theonering.net) reported back on Sept. 10th that Hobbit stamps and coins would be issued. Here is that article link: http://www.theonering.net/torwp/2012/09/10/61727-the-hobbit-an-unexpected-journey-stamps-and-coins/
3) Now if you like to wear your Hobbit art close to home, here is some t-shirt art for sale as shared on Facebook and also revealed on RANet’s Oct. 1st news page:
With images on Comic Book Movie Com’s site for a new Hobbit t-shirt at
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=68037 ; or found as a poster as tweeted at http://www.gbeye.com/products/posters/the-hobbit-collage
4) And my friend “C” tweeted a link for Hobbit bed sheets featuring Kili and Gandalf the other day (see right). I can’t find the direct tumblr link now (because the one I had is “broken”). But anyway, several of us chatting thought that a Thorin version of bed sheets would be “mighty fine”–and giggly school girl type mania ensued. Great fun!
I must admit that I tossed a few retort tweets out there:
What could be the marketing tagline (for Thorin bed sheets)? “Sleeping will never be the same–before, Durin, and after.”
Later, I suggested: Okay gals, I’m guessing Thorin would be blushing right now. Ha! How does one tell if a bearded man is blushing?
And I answered myself: “Just roll over, snuggle close, and ask him.”
I know, I’m a funny lady–with a bit of sassy sauciness mixed in for good measure. *wink* But if they don’t come out with at least Thorin pillow shams soon, I might just make one of my own–with iron on transfer fabric that you print your images onto from your computer printer. Snap!
5) Of course, a day or two further back on Oct. 1st, #TheHobbitMovie folks tweeted the Orcrist wielding image we saw last Summer of Richard Armitage as Thorin Oakenshield–but this time sans the EW watermark–at http://twitpic.com/b07iod
Now this is a warrior king!
You know from my literary references here and there in various essays and such, I’m a lady fond of Jane Austen, Edith Wharton, the Bronte’s, Twain, Dickens, Shakespeare, etc. But the unparalleled Director Sir Peter Jackson and his exquisitely talented lead actor Richard Armitage portraying Thorin Oakenshield have completely convinced me that the three “The Hobbit” films of Tolkien’s tale will be riveting fantasy action adventure stories that will be amazing storytelling experiences–especially so because of their and others attention to details with character development, plot, and imagery, etc. I can’t wait!
And to not leave any doubt about how wonderful the film will be, here again is “The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey Official Trailer 2 [HD]” a video by WarnerBrosPictures released 9/19/12: