As some of you know from Twitter (@GratianaL) or Facebook this week, I developed bronchitis last weekend and I have been battling trying to get well. So I have been quite wiped out physically as I employ antibiotics, breathing treatments, and such to try to recover. And let me tell you, a now 6 month old beagle puppy named Heidi is not necessarily a restful companion–unless she is napping. Ha!
But ever the person to believe in positivity and a little Richard Armitage TheRApy, I turned to some new to me Thorin Oakenshield in “The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey” [(1)] images on RANet (www.RichardArmitageNet.com) to cheer me up. And they did! There is something about people–or in this case, Dwarves, Elves, Hobbits, and Wizards–working together for a common cause that really tugs at my heartstrings. Snap!
This Team Durin Trio (right) is a Tolkien Trifecta of Mirth/Fili, Magnificence/Thorin, and Mayhem/Kili as I Tweet labeled them on Sunday. Can you tell that I like alliteration? Ha! At right is the original image on RAnet. And as noted on RANet’s news for Nov. 6, 2012, this photo originally appeared on TORN’s facebook page.
These three in the Durin clan–Fili, Thorin, and Kili–are striding so purposefully in this portrait that I felt they needed more of a context than a photographer’s gray backdrop. So as usual, I started thinking that maybe I could make a graphic wallpaper [(2)] with the trio and blend in some of the other Hobbit graphic imagery. I was going to bore you with how I created the wallpaper–painstakingly masking out the trio from their background (and cleaning up the outline edges), modifying images’ color values, etc. But I thought better of it–and I’m too tired. Ha! So here is my final wallpaper design:
Other Hobbity News:
I am now a Dwarven Domestic Goddess! My Cornish Pasties recipe was accepted on The Hobbit.Com’s Bombur’s “Recipes from Middle-Earth” page [(3)] and published on Tuesday November 20th! Woo Hoo! I made pasties just last week for my hubby and I. Yummm! Here is that link to my recipe on their site: http://apps.warnerbros.com/thehobbit/recipes/us/#1553 Enjoy! Visit their site to see if you would like to submit a recipe.
And if you want to really live the Dwarven experience for yourself, then you can become a Dwarf [(4)]–courtesy of a “The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey” (THAUJ) app found at http://apps.warnerbros.com/thehobbit/ar/us/ FYI, the app takes a really long time to load. Happily, the web developers interspersed cute messages that pop up while you wait.
But as a lady, I am not into an intentionally bearded look. Ha! So, I elected to wait if and until they have a Galadriel Elven App–silver crown, flowing hair, Elven ears, etc.–and I tweeted @TheHobbit my request. Ha!
However as usual, I couldn’t wait for someone else to come up with a lady Elven app. So I used an image of Galadriel (portrayed by Cate Blanchett) and I replaced her eyes and lips with mine. How do I look? Ha!
And for extra fun, here is a wonderful fan made Hobbit Trailer “Unexpected Trailer and TV Spot Re-Edit” by joatmonjb [(5)] compiling various trailer footage into a possible chronological order of scenes that was shared by TORN on Tuesday:
But getting back to the point of today. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving! Cheers, Love, & Hugs! Grati ;->
P.S. Here is my “Thanksgiving Wish” [(6)] for you:
And here is a lovely version of “Simple Gifts – Yo Yo Ma and Alison Krauss” in a video by beanscot [(7)]:
P.S. I am slowly, but finally on the mend from bronchitis. Snap! However, my eyes are on a 3 to 6 months treatment plan. So, slow and steady there. Thanks for all of your well wishes and prayers. I really appreciate them.
References (some also hyperlinked above)
1) For more information about Richard Armitage portraying Thorin Oakenshield in “The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey” (2012) and the two other films, visit the RANet site at http://www.richardarmitagenet.com/career/214.html
2) Gratiana Lovelace’s Thorin Thanksgiving Wallpaper:
a) Portrait images grouping (masked) of Fili (portrayed by Dean O’Gorman), Thorin Oakenshield (portrayed by Richard Armitage), and Kili (portrayed by Aidan Turner) are from the RANet Hobbit November 6, 2012 news section at http://www.richardarmitagenet.com/images/gallery/Hobbit/HobbitStills/album/63-Fili-Thorin-Kili-OfficialHobbitMovieGuide.jpg ; the image also appeared on TORN’s Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151146521964821&set=a.396801514820.175074.6425769820&type=1
b) Links for additional images included in the Thorin Thanksgiving Wallpaper include:
c) Gandalf (portrayed by Sir Ian McKellen) from the first Hobbit Movie teaser Trailer December 2011 was found at http://www.richardarmitagenet.com/images/gallery/Hobbit/HobbitTrailer/album/HobbitTrailer01.jp ;
d) New Thorin Portrait was found at http://www.richardarmitagenet.com/images/gallery/Hobbit/HobbitStills/album/72-Thorin.png ;
e) Galadriel (portrayed by Cate Blanchett) portrait was found at The Hobbit Com Special Features page at http://apps.warnerbros.com/thehobbit/quiz/us/img/stepone-splash.png ; the Bilbo (portrayed by Martin Freeman) portrait was found at The Hobbit Com Special Features page at http://www.thehobbit.com/images/downloads/Wallpaper/bilbo_1280x1024.jpg
f) The Hobbit movie logos courtesy of www.thehobbit.com and/or http://apps.warnerbros.com/thehobbit/quiz/us/img/logo.png
3) Recipes from Middle Earth Logo was found at http://www.thehobbit.com/images/touts/_0003_recipe.jpg ; the actual recipes gateway link is http://apps.warnerbros.com/thehobbit/recipes/us/
4) Become a Dwarf–courtesy of a “The Hobbit” app is found at http://apps.warnerbros.com/thehobbit/ar/us/ ; the original link for the Galdriel (portrayed by Cate Blanchett) image is found at http://www.thehobbit.com/images/home/bg-16.jpg ; my eyes and lips are courtesy of me.
5) A wonderful fan made Hobbit Trailer “Unexpected Trailer and TV Spot Re-Edit” by joatmonjb compiling various trailer footage into a possible chronological order of scenes is found at http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=3Hy6O682OGI; the link was shared by TORN on Tuesday, their article is found at http://www.theonering.net/torwp/2012/11/20/65526-watch-a-tantalising-7-5-minute-hobbit-trailer-and-tv-spot-compilation/
6) “Thanksgiving Wish” poem by Gratiana Lovelace (2012). Images: parchment and candle graphics are courtesy of MSOffice Clip Art found at http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/images/?CTT=97 ; “The Luncheon – 2” Claude Monet painting is courtesy of Painting All (a source for reproduction art for your home) at http://www.paintingall.com/oscar-claude-monet-the-luncheon-2.html
7) And here is a lovely version of “Simple Gifts – Yo Yo Ma and Alison Krauss” in a video by beanscot: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYi9Vr8bHJY ; for more about the Shaker song “Simple Gifts”, visit http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simple_Gifts
Nota Bene: For general information about the U.S. Thanksgiving history and traditions–and other Thanksgiving type observances around the world–visit http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thanksgiving