Lovely and beautiful Saturday thus far of:
1) slept in til 6:45am (normally, I’m up at 5:30am, Ha!); we have this soothing botanical green matelasse coverlet (pictured right from Bed, Bath, and Beyond) with eggplant purple bed sheets (for zip); 98 on my blood sugar (snap!), showered, then picked up glazed donuts and coffee on the way to …
2) 9 holes of golf with my hubby at the par 3 course–I hit the ball straight, my best drive was 125 yards, need to work on my putting; great start to the golf season!
3) however, my face is a bit sun burnt (despite using sunscreen), so I need to pick up a higher SPF sunblock, and a visor/hat; not willing to spend $16 on a sun visor (highway robbery, Ha!) at the sporting goods store on the way home, but I bought more tall golf tees and a new golfing glove;
4) Second shower after golfing–long hair all fluffy and wavy despite second round of conditioner today (no tangles, though, snap!); our Beagle doggie Heidi (left) likes my hair. Maybe she thinks I’m an Afghan hound (middle)? Ha!; Our mutt hound Max’s portrait is more elusive (right);
5) pondering lunch options (reading/writing while noshing), writing at some point, chatting with my online friends throughout the day; then buying and planting more deck railing flower boxes before buying takeout Chinese for dinner, etc.; here are the backyard deck flora that we have so far (including our nice black cherry tree in the background):
There will be chores interspersed throughout the day, of course–hubby mowed the grass (kisses!), laundry, dishes, etc. But it is a beautiful sunlit cool and breezy day. And I just wanted to be sure to remember it–and to count my blessings.
Yes, Grati. A day to count our blessings. My friend had knee replacement surgery and all is well. I had the inspector for the buyers of my house here yesterday, and so far so good! Tomorrow is Mother’s Day and I still have my mom!! Blessed! Love your blog, and happy you are grateful for RA, as I am. :D
Hi Marie Astra! Thanks for kind note! Glad to hear about your friend and your house sale inspection–both are nerve wracking. Happy Mother’s Day to you and your Mom. Blessings to you both! Blessings to RA and his Mum! Love & Hugs! Grati ;->
May 10 & 12, 2014 Thanks for liking this post!
Marie Astra, Servetus, and collarcitybrownstone (Xenia)
May 10, 2014-Having to move laptop files to an ext HD to free up ram to operate laptop, It is taking hours, but I feel blessed to have that solution until I can afford a new laptop. So my typing is with one finger. I’m missing the other nine. Ha!