Sometimes, the number of long term household projects to be tackled on the weekend can seem daunting–apart from the every day cooking, dish washing, laundry, etc., that we have to do for the basics.
But one constant remains a welcome distraction for me–looking forward to the next Richard Armitage Project (see my graphic, right). Yay!
So here are some of my long term projects to be tackled:
- I have closets to be culled of their too big to fit me anymore clothing that I just can’t seem to part with. It’s not that I think I will mushroom in size again–the 70 pounds have stayed off for two years–with only a bit of plateauing that has recently broken with me counting carbs, and losing another 7 pounds (half stone) this past month. Snap!
- My overfilled computer hard drive also contains multiple copies of the same RA image–sometimes from different sources, or different sizes, or saved in different topic folders (Johns saved in N&S, Sparkhouse, Strike Back, and John Day Monday, etc.). And I currently have each one of the files backed up in 3 places–hard drive, external backup drive, and flash drive. I recently had to decide to remove something from the computer hard drive because my computer had slowed to a crawl. So my “Grati made” videos folder is now only backed up in 2 places–and no longer on the computer hard drive, making 10 GB available. Snap!
- I also have to tackle the abundance of plastic storage containers that do not fit in our small kitchen’s cabinets anymore–they are heading to the recycling bin. That is, if I can convince my hubby that he only needs three empty dip containers for his lunch box carrying needs. Ha!
- Then there is the lovely distRAction my daily writing and reading stories. They tend to take precedence over closets and hard drives and recycling bins. But there, I also need to file away my essay posts–like this one–as I do for my story chapter posts (each story has its own folder). Ha!
- And finally, there is my other lovely distRAction of my daily social mediaing with you and on Twitter, etc. Less organizing needed here–except for the pix that I download. And not to mention me playing around with graphics (such as the above Keep Calm image graphic). Ha! And though I pooh poohed playing games on my new smart phone, I now have a Scrabble app that is quite amusing. *grins sheepishly* Ha!
Whew! Maybe I should count up daily activities similar to how I count carbs each day, apportioning them out–1 hour daily for a longterm house organization project, plus 2 hours daily for writing, plus 2 hrs daily for reading, plus 2hrs daily for social mediaing, etc. Since I work full time during the day, those activities have to occur in the evenings and weekends. Ha!
So, I plan to pick one home project to tackle for this Sunday (spend)–probably the plastic storage containers, because the clothes will take more than one weekend to sort out. I rarely throw/give away any of my clothes because I’m too mindful that it “might come back into style”–in ten years. Ha!
And then I’m going to “save” my Sunday for the four R’s of Reading wRiting, Romance, and Richard Armitage. Sighhhh! A good choice. Don’t you think?
I hope that you enjoy your Sunday–as an ending or a beginning to your week–and however you choose to spend it or save it!
Hugs and Cheers! Grati ;->