I’m having one of those moments in life when upcoming birthday reflections collide with my quirky sense of humor. Or at least, I hope it’s humorous. Sorry for the quirky part. Ha! Just chalk it up to Wild Card Wednesday (WCW) mayhem.
Years ago, my loving husband suggested that I celebrate the anniversary of my 35th birthday–when that event was long since past. And at this point in my life, that anniversary makes me legal. *wink*
My husband is a dear sweet man whom I love with abandon–despite the fact that his threadbare underwear is from the “Little Rascals” fashion collection–torn (no, no that way), faded from hundreds of washings, and in need of replacement. After his shower Sunday night, he put on jeans to walk the dogs in and told me he was going commando. Yes, I did do a little tremble at that statement. Or maybe it was a shiver worrying that his husband parts might not be adequately insulated from the freezing 16 degree F weather. So Monday night, we bought him 6 more pairs of boxers and t-shirts–that should last him another 50 years. Ha!
But back to me, moi, the reason for this post. I realized that the number 5 figures prominently in my life as this year’s 35th birthday anniversary celebration approaches. So if you are into numerology–which I am not, but I am a geekette–here are some examples of where Grati and the number 5 meet:
1) my birth year has a 5 in it;
2) my birth age has a 5 in it, and is a multiple of 5; and as the anniversary of my 35th birthday, it is a multiple of 5;
3) my hubby and I will also celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary next month–25 has a five in it and is a multiple of five;
4) my wedding weight had a 5 in it, and was a multiple of 5 (I am working on getting back to that and getting closer, ha!)
5) our zip code has a 5 in it;
6) I am an aunt, 5 times over;
7) I wear 5 rings every day (they’re slim): my wedding finger has my wedding band, my engagement ring, a 10th anniversary ring, and my husband’s mother’s wedding band (as a smaller sized ring guard since I have been losing weight), and my right hand has one ring on it;
8) I wake up between 5:25am and 5:35am (after hitting the snooze button once) every morning to shower and drive my hubby to work, then I return home to primp then go to work myself;
9) I am now working for my 5th boss in my long years working at the university in the same department;
10) our bigger doggie weighs 50 pounds;
11) 5 electronic/electric devices that I no longer use: television set, cordless phone, blender (rec’d it for our wedding and have maybe used it 5 times in 25 years, but my hubby wants to keep it, just in case he needs it), stereo, and Atari Game system;
12) 5 electronic/electric devices I have never owned Play Station, Xbox, blue tooth ear piece, 8 track player, and toothbrush;
13) I have 5 email accounts–real me for family and college friends, real me for work and community commitments, real me for cable company (so I can also watch Outlander on Starz by streaming it on my laptop, snap!), Grati on Yahoo, and Grati on Google (I never check this one, sorry Google.);
14) I have 5 social media accounts as Grati: this SAL blog, that ITS blog, Facebook, Wattpad, and Twitter;
15) the number of views on this blog has a 5 in it, or is a multiple of 5–at any given point in time, Ha!;
16) Today’s date of the 19th + it being in the 11th month = 30, which is a multiple of 5.
17) My pseudonym’s nickname, Grati, has 5 letters in it.
18) Have I mentioned that I can also count using only the number 5 (in formulas to create the number)? See? I am a geekette! Ha!:
5/5 = 1; (5+5)/5 = 2; (5+5+5)/5 = 3; (5+5+5+5)/5 = 4; (5×5)/5 = 5, etc.
19) and next February 2015 (a multiple of 5), I will commemorate viewing the BBC’s 2004 series North & South with the exquisitely talented British Actor Richard Armitage in it–and being introduced to Richard Armitage’s artistic projects–for 5 years (since 2010); you knew that I had to work him in there somewhere, Ha!;
20) So below are my 5 favorite images of Richard Armitage, the man:
2014 RA interview Art by Ann Boudreau (w/Mat Khal cap)
I could go on and on. Ha! But I’m trying to keep my posts shorter these days.
(855 words: which is a multiple of 5, snap!)