Like many of you, I will be at work for most of the day. So I’m hoping that my mid day (Chicago time zone) doggie tending will coincide with some portion of the The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies (image above, RANet) London Premiere Live Red Carpet. So I plan to cap a bit at that point, check Twitter, and briefly update this post accordingly.
Below is a link to a London Premiere countdown clock, courtesy of Warner Brothers:
And for the actors whom we all so admire in The Hobbit film trilogy–especially the exquisitely talented British actor Richard Armitage (below, ready for battle) who magnificently portrays Dwarf leader and King Thorin Oakenshield–we are so looking forward to this final film (Grati’s manip of the int’l THBOFA poster, right). We will follow Thorin and his company of Dwarves, “one last time”.
Below is an excerpt (sans spoilers, Thanks Warner Bros. Pictures!) of the THBOFA movie synopsis shared on www.thehobbit.com site:
From Academy Award-winning filmmaker Peter Jackson comes “The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies,” the third in a trilogy of films adapting the enduringly popular masterpiece The Hobbit, by J.R.R. Tolkien.
“The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies” brings to an epic conclusion the adventures of Bilbo Baggins (Martin Freeman), Thorin Oakenshield (Richard Armitage) and the Company of Dwarves. The Dwarves of Erebor have reclaimed the vast wealth of their homeland, but now must face the consequences of having unleashed the terrifying Dragon, Smaug, upon the defenseless men, women and children of Lake-town.
As he succumbs to dragon-sickness, the King Under the Mountain, Thorin Oakenshield, sacrifices friendship and honor in his search for the legendary Arkenstone. Unable to help Thorin see reason, Bilbo is driven to make a desperate and dangerous choice, not knowing that even greater perils lie ahead. An ancient enemy has returned to Middle-earth. Sauron, the Dark Lord, has sent forth legions of Orcs in a stealth attack upon the Lonely Mountain. As darkness converges on their escalating conflict, the races of Dwarves, Elves and Men must decide—unite or be destroyed. Bilbo finds himself fighting for his life and the lives of his friends as five great armies go to war.
And while we wait for news from the London Premiere, here is TORN’s (www.theonering.net) video with both trailers to date:
“Hobbit Battle of the Five Armies – BOTH TRAILERS” by TheOneRing
To insert Grati’s and other people’s London Premiere caps/vids, links below:
1) 6:58am CST: Fernanda Matais (Thanks!) tweeted this link to watch the London BOFA Premiere live:
And you can have the site make an “autograph” with your name on it over one of the character posters. A brilliant way to squash the greedy autograph trade and get the autographs straight to the fans at no cost. Bravo!
I kept trying to get a Thorin autograph, but they kept sending me Tauriel (Thanks!). So I’ll do like Fernanda Matais said she did, because she also had that glitch–and make my own later. Ha!
2) 7:00am CST: Kate@merri-lokimas tweeted this exterior shot of the theatre where the London Premiere will be held:
4) 7:35am CST: I’m off to getting ready for the office. Catch you around lunchtime/premieretime!
5) 12:03pm CST: Thorin Oakenshield actor Richard Armitage signing autographs, retweeted by Glady (Thanks!)
6) 12:07pm CST: Richard Armitage smiling to the crowds, retweeted by Glady (Thanks!)
7) 12:16pm CST: Richard Armitage Sky News Interview while at the London Premiere (Thanks to Lucas Girl Forever retweet):
8) 12:24pm CST: Elves Goofing by Lee, Evangeline, and Orlando (Thanks to RAUS for retweeting Lee):
9) 12:28pm CST: Bard the Bowman Luke Evans (Thanks to El Anillo Unico!):
10) 12:32pm CST: Armitage Agonistes (Perry, Thanks!) blogs the Getty Image of full length suit shot of Richard Armitage, Thorin Oakenshield, at the London Premiere:
11a) 12:36pm CST: Sabine Heyerette (Thanks!) tweeted this collage of Richard Armitage profiles at the London Premiere:
12) 12:39pm CST: Andy Serkis interview tweeted by The Hobbit Movie UK (Thanks!):
13) 12:51pm CST: Sir Ian McKellen (Thanks!) tweeted this gorgeous picture of himself at the London Premiere:
14) 12:54pm CST: Graham McTavish and some of the Kiwi Dwarves celebrating the premiere of BOFA in Wellington (Thanks to Graham McTavish Army tweet!):
15) 12:56pm CST: Andrew Novialdi cap of Richard Armitage interview (retweeted by Fernanda Matais, Thanks!):
16) 12:58pm CST: Warner Bros. UK (Thanks!) tweeted Benedict Cumberbatch’s interview:
17) 13:01pm CST: El Anillo Unico Cap of Sir Peter Jackson giving autographs:
18) 13:10pm CST: Warner Bros. UK (Thanks!) tweeted this Stephen Fry shot of him greeting his fans:
19) 13:13pm CST: RAScreenDelight (Thanks!) tweeted a lovely smiling and mirthfully raised eyebrow Richard Armitage signing autographs cap:
20) 13:16pm CST: The RA Fan Page (Thanks!) tweeted this gorgeous portrait of Richard Armitage at the BOFA London Premiere:
21) 13:20pm CST: El Anillo Unico (Thanks!) tweeted this lovely group shot of the BOFA cast and creatives at the London World Premiere:
13:21pm CST I’m signing off and heading back to the office. This has been grand!
22) 19:12pm CST: RANet tweeted the link for the Livestream interview with Richard Armitage:
24) 19:19pm CST: Of course, Richard takes the best pictures/selfie’s of himself (Thanks!):
25) 19:26pm CST: GuyltyPleasure tweeted this lovely back shot of Richard Armitage obliging his fans with autographs. There is something to be said for great tailoring:
26) 19:30pm CST: Proof that good things come to those who wait! My Richard Armitage autograph on his Thorin poster (from the Autograph maker site) has arrived! Sighhh!
Finally, for all of the THBOFA and Richard Armitage news, be sure to visit RANet (www.RichardArmitageNet.com). Here is the premiere schedule at RANet:
“Richard [Armitage] will appear at the following The Hobbit: BOTFA events:
- 1st December: London World Premiere, Leicester Square. Odeon West End.
- 4th December: Paris premiere at Le Grand Rex cinema, 8.30pm. Peter Jackson, Martin Freeman and Richard Armitage will attend.
- 7th December: Richard will appear at the Comic Con Experience (CCXP) in São Paulo, Brazil. Richard will introduce the screening of the film at 10.30am. He will also appear at the Warner Bros. panel later that day.
- 9th December: US premiere in Los Angeles, TCL Chinese Theater on Hollywood Blvd. This will be the last premiere.”