What better way to introduce us to more bloggers and their ideas, than to do a kind of “tag, you’re it” awards game of forwarding questions to feature other bloggers? Love it!
It’s called the “Liebster Award” (image right shared by Fabo). It’s not really an award, but a fun way to promote sharing between bloggers and their readers–making one’s readers aware of more bloggers. So here goes!
First, the Liebster Award rules (Grati’s replies in italics):
- Thank the person who nominated you and link their blog into your post.
Jazzbaby1 (Thanks!) and Fabolaktuko (Thanks) each “nominated me for the Leibster Award, a blogging award intended to spread the blogging love/
- Answer 11 questions which you have been asked by the nominating blogger. See both sets of questions to me and my responses below.
- Nominate 5 to 11 other bloggers who have fewer than 1.000 followers. That list is at the bottom of this post, before my questions for them.
4. Add a new list of 11 questions for the nominated bloggers. My questions are at the bottom of this post.
- Paste these rules into your post. Done!
- Make sure your nominees know about your post and their nomination. Will do.
Jazzbaby1’s questions to Grati (Grati’s responses are in italics):
- Beatles or Rolling Stones? Beatles. The Stones were not on my radar until well into my adulthood. My mom liked the Beatles, “Yesterday” (below in a video by Edwin M. C.) was her favorite song. Loved remembering that. Thanks!
- What was your Richard Armitage gateway role? John Thornton in “North & South” (2004), February 2010 (It was a public library dvd rental. Best $1 I ever spent! Here is a lovely fan video, called “North and South – Falling” by Danielle Hernandez:
- What’s your favorite Richard Armitage role? Thornton, Gisborne, Oakenshield, his next role; I can’t choose. I have yet to see RA as John Proctor in The Crucible, but the clips are amazing!
- What’s your favorite picture of Richard Armitage? Any RA portrait by the talented photographer Sarah Dunn. Here is an example (below, *THUD*).
- What song would you like to hear in a fanvid? “Endless Love”, with Lionel Ritchie and Diana Ross singing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ewf0TnM4eKo .
Any particular scenario? A multi-RA romantic character vid, probably a lot of John & Margaret, and Guy & Marian.
- Coffee or tea? Tea
- If you could have dinner with any two people living or dead who would they be and why those two?
My Mom and Richard Armitage. My Mom died when I was 21 over 33 years ago, and I miss her every day. I think that Mom would have thought that Richard was a nice young man. But Perry Como was Mom’s favorite singer and celebrity. And why I chose Richard? Duh! Who wouldn’t want to meet the oh so talented, gentlemanly, funny, kind, and philanthropically minded Richard Armitage? Ha! Well, I have already planned my perfect date with him in one of my very early blogs posts.
- What book are you reading right now?
Several Online or on my Kindle forPC: “Rebel Mine” by Charlotte Hawkins (in progress, and I love love love her other Guy Tales in this series, too!), “Changing Kitty” by LittleLo (is always a favorite, along with her other books in that series, as well as, her Wilde series), and “The Media Baron’s Heiress, Book 2” by SinaidKincaid16 (as well as, it’s Book 1, First Love Only Love, and The Italian Billionaire’s Lover)
- If a train leaves the station travelling east at 50 MPH and another leaves fifteen minutes later travelling west at 55 MPH how long till I start crying because I hate word problems? 5 seconds You? I don’t cry at math problems, I started out life as a math major in college. Ha! But I switched to Speech & English because I loved literature and performing it.
- Fili or Kili? Kili
- How long did it take you to answer these questions? Initially, 7 minutes, because I listened to “Endless Love”for 3 minutes. Ha! Then in a second edit, I added the links–which took about 30 minutes to find and hyperlink.
Fabo Laktuko’s 11 Questions to Grati (Grati’s answers in italics):
- If you could take Richard Armitage on vacation with you anywhere in the world (except ski resorts) where would it be and why?
Except ski resorts? Excellent! Because I don’t ski! Ha! I have always wanted to go to London, Paris, Rome, etc. But he has lived in London for 20 years, so that wouldn’t be a vacation for him. So Paris and France in general–so I can brush up on my parlez Francais. Je parle un peu. Ou est Richard? Ou est Gratiana? a la plage?
- What is your favorite RA interview? I think RA’s Popcorn Taxi interview the Spring after THAUJ was released. It was his first substantive live Hobbit interview that RA gave. nd I loved that my blogger friend and blog mentor Bccmee’s Thorin Swordpath wallpaper was the backdrop for RA coming onstage for the interview–and I blogged about that and the interview at the time (May 2013). Here is that video interview:
- If you were producing a movie starring RA what would it be and who would be the director? Jane Eyre, Richard Armitage would make a fabulous Edward Rochester! Or maybe my recently serialized original story “A Magnificent Love”? Ha! For director, I would love Ang Lee. He does relationship storytelling very well.
- Your favorite RA sweater?
The Waterstones Piccadilly pullover (right, via MatKhal)–for the DofS press tour. Purrrr! It looks like RA has that style in grey and in navy.
- What was your favorite movie as a child?
“It’s a Wonderful Life”, 1946, directed by Frank Capra and starring Jimmy Stewart
- What is your favorite comfort food?
Hmmmm. I made it for our dessert on Friday Night last week–Graham Cracker Pie: it has a sugar and graham cracker pie crust and topping, with instant French vanilla pudding in the middle. Yummm. But I’m not sure if that qualifies as a “comfort” food, since we don’t have it very often. Ha! Otherwise, it is fruit or sugar free fruity candies.
- Favorite RA hair? Thorin, Guy (season 1, 2 or 3), Proctor, Lucas North, or John Strandring (pre or post haircut)? Sir Guy Season 3 and that BAFTA Tea Party in Sept. 2013 (right via RANet). And it is my laptop display image. *THUD*
- Are you a day person or a night person? Day
- Vanilla or Chocolate Ice Cream? Neither. My teeth are cold sensitive. But the rare times I do have it, I choose a French Vanilla–because you can add things to it. Ha!
- Favorite RA premiere look? BOFA London, Dec. 1, 2014. *THUD* (right via tycat tweet)
- Favorite TV Series?
I haven’t “watched” tv for years. I maybe watch 2 hrs of tv per week–by streaming it on my laptop, and that includes dvds. I’m reading and writing most of my free time. But I do stream certain shows that I like online–like Downton Abbey and Outlander, and I’m catching up on Camelot now that I have xfinity tv, and a few of the Christmas holiday romance films at the Hallmark Channel.
Now Grati Gets to pick the bloggers who are nominated for the Liebster Award and invited to participate. It is your choice whether or not to participate.:
April at April’s Violet
Obscura at Ancient Armitage
Inge at Crispin’s Eclipse
Crystal at CRYSTALCHANDLYRE
Agzym at I Want to Be a Pinup
Lady M of Gisborne at It’s an R. A. World
Velvet Madrid at Morrighan’s Muse
Marie Astra at her new blog Richard Armitage Land
The Ladies at Richard Armitage France
And Ania at zRYSIOwana ja
Grati’s questions for her Leibster Award nominated bloggers:
Here are Grati’s 11 questions that you may choose to answer as many or a few as you wish in a new post on your blog–be sure to start your post with the rules that are up top–or provide a new question to:
1.What is the name of your blog and its address?
2. Please describe the topic/focus of your blog.
3.When did you start blogging and why?
- What are your favorite topics to blog about and why?
- If the exquisitely talented British actor Richard Armitage figures into your blogging topics, what was your most popular (most # of views) post related to him?
- If the talented British actor Richard Armitage figures into your blogging topics, what was your most favorite post related to him that you wrote–the post that you liked the best of the posts you have written so far, and why?
- If you are also someone who writes stories–or that is your main reason for blogging–please share the names and links of 3 of your favorite stories of your own.
- If you also like to read other bloggers stories, which 3 stories are those and their links? (cannot be a story by the person who nominated you)
- If you were a literary character, whom would you wish to be and why?
- If you have a favorite song with lyrics, what is it? And why do you like it?
- And my standard interview question: What question do you wish I had asked you, but didn’t? Then please answer that question for us.
Thanks & Cheers! Grati ;->