7 (seven) is a lucky number for me. Which is good, because today is my Something About Love blog’s 7th blogiversary! Ha!
So what follows is a bit of whimsy–I hope–along with the nostalgia. Ha!
And were I to mention my Top 7 Blogging Insights/Moments, they would be:
6. My spontaneously coming up with my blog name, Something About Love, because it described both the topics and the positive tone that I hoped to establish. Again thanks to my gal pal bloggers for immediately saying, “That’s it!” for my blog title.
5. Having Richard Armitage–the talented British actor bloke, not the U.S. political figure–as a frequent, if not overriding, focus of my blog here. Afterall, my blog motto is “The 4 R’s: Reading, wRiting, Romance, and Richard Armitage.” My introduction to Mr. Armitage–in my initially viewing his romantic and swoon worthy turn as John Thornton in 2004’s North & South mini series–had come a mere 1.5 years before in February 2010. Sighhh!
4. Discovering that with my SAL blog here, I can share essays, multi-media art, and my stories, etc. Blogging gives me a sense of freedom, in sharing my thoughts with you–and in you sharing your thoughts with me. Thanks for all the votes/stars as well! The creative aspect of blogging is a joy!
3. As with my story writing over the years–with each story’s dozens of edits and versions that I make before I hit the publish button–I have gradually tempered my natural love of words over the years, to essays of one page and chapters of 5 to 10 pages, where appropriate. And yet, I will on occasion let my mind and my pen flow with poetry, RA artwork, etc. Though with my computer glitching and not letting photoshop work for several weeks now, I have a backlog of fan art that I want to create. Ha!
2. Embracing enthusiasm and positivity, in general, can be seen through my love of the exclamation point and in my being encouraging of others, respectively! I mean really, period punctuation marks seem almost bland by comparison–such that the dollop on top that transforms a mere period into an exclamation is a welcome flourish. Ha! And as for positivity and encouragement, there can never be enough of a good thing. ;->
1. You! Thank you for your kind support and encouragement over the years! It is much appreciated by me! Here is to seven more years!
And for me, making friends around the globe–at home and on social media–really brings home the importance of recognizing that we are all neighbors in our world wide community, near and far. What affects one of us, affects each of us. And for my part, I wish for you every happiness that you wish for yourselves. Cheers! Hugs! & Love! Grati ;->
P.S. By my continuing computer glitch, you have been saved/spared from me making accompanying 7th blogiversary themed art, such as: a Marilyn Monroe 7 year Itch dress wallpaper homage; a Richard Armitage image contorted into the shape of a #7; and a 7 wonders of RA wallpaper collage, etc.
Does anyone have a mirror to reverse the image below into a 7? Ha!
This seems pretty wonder-ful:
Alright Richard, enough. Ha!